Dating oak coffers Sex extrim xxx
Other parts of the complex, and later buildings erected adjacent to it still function as the Santa Casa’s headquarters for the city.
It remains a part of the Santa Casa today, one of its many heritage buildings.
The relic was sent by the Venetian government, and it was carried in procession up the hill to the plague cemetery.
The inhabitants of Lisbon then decided to erect a shrine This early shrine was oriented from west to east, in the medieval tradition.
This style, the “auditorium-church” ideal for preaching, became popularly known as the “Jesuit style” and was widely copied by the order throughout Portugal and in the Portuguese colonial towns in Brazil and the Far East.
The simple and sober exterior of the church, characteristic of the Portuguese “plain style” (estilo chão) contrasts with the highly decorated Baroque interior with its glazed tiles, gilt woodwork, multi-colored statues and oil paintings.
However they soon began looking for a larger, more permanent location for their main church, and selected the Shrine of St. After prolonged negotiations John III organized the relinquishment of the shrine to the Jesuits. The Society of Jesus took possession of the shrine on 1 October 1553 in a ceremony at which Fr. The king wanted a new monumental building with three naves but the Society favored a plan more in keeping with the principles enunciated by the Council of Trent, emphasizing simplicity and functionality.